Saturday, June 13, 2015

Mt. Tagapo Itinerary and Budget

Hi guys! This is my first ever established blog, Since blogging and travelling go hand in hand to guide a lot of aspiring travelers, adventurers and explorers (or whatever we call ourselves) wherein social media, networking sites are their basis for travel.
FEBRUARY 28, 2015 – Mt. Tagapo, Talim Island, Laguna De Bay
MT. TAGAPO
Talim Island, Laguna de Bay
Major jump-off: Brgy. Janosa (Talim Island) Binangonan, Rizal
LLA 14.32° N 121.23° E, 438 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: 1 day / 2 hours
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 2/9, Trail class 1-2
(Info taken from Pinoy Mountaineer)
As a solo traveler, This event was so memorable. It was my first time to join with bunch of strangers. As to my excitement, I didn’t sleep or nap the night before our trip. It has reasons: First, because if I will sleep I may came up late and Lastly, I don’t want to them to wait for me because I don’t know my travel time from Valenzuela to Shaw Blvd.
I arrived at Mcdonald’s Shaw Blvd. around 3:30 am (30 minutes earlier to the said call time which is 4:00am). Upon waiting, I already chit-chat to one of our fellow traveler, Ronald, and talked about our trips local and international. Good thing, one of our comrade came up late so Ronald and I had enjoyed talking until 5:30am.
We rode a van going to Binangonan, Rizal and arrived around 6:45am. The driver didn’t directly brought us to the Port so we decided to take a tricycle going there.
Early than the expected time of arrival, we had time taking breakfast at the carinderia by the port serving hot cooked viands.
By 8 am, We left Binangonan Port  going to Talim Island.
Knowing each others names and background, Chitchatting while on our way to Brgy. Janoras *

We arrived at Brgy. Janoras by 9am. We registered with a minimal fee of 20 php each person and get a guide (300php) for our group. 

Registration; Getting a Guide

After Registration, We are now ready! I can feel butterflies in my stomach, nervousness and fear of the unknown as we were heading to the start point of the trail. It was my first time AGAIN to climb a mountain since 2008 (Mt. Maculot Traverse).

On our way to the start point of the trail *

By 9:30 am, This is it! This is serious, We are at the start point of the trail, While we were praying, I am thinking if I made the right choice of joining  of hiking without any practice or exercise is a good thing. Well anyway, we’re here already – Just go with the flow.
Start of the trail. Good luck to me! =)) BOP people and Manong Guide *

After an hour, 10:30 am, We arrived at Puno ng Mangga.
One of the landmarks, Puno ng Mangga *

Because it was a hot and sunny day, I felt headache, good thing Ronald has complete set of medicines and gave me Amlodipine and waited until I recover. After 10 minutes, Gene, Ronald and I continued hiking.
12:15pm Gene, Ronald and I were the last to arrive at the campsite while the others are eating their lunch. After eating, Some of the group took a power nap.



Kuya Ronald, Gene and Eva wake us up so we can resume climbing to the summit.
As the slowest person in the group, I opted to be the last one so the group can have pictures at the summit.
On my way, tired and exhausted, I had realization that, I can choose not to continue heading up BUT something inside me says, “Tuloy mo na ‘yan andito ka na eh.” 
After 15 to 20 minutes walk with fresh air blowing my hair plus the scorching heat of the sun, I finally arrived at the summit!
See the glow in my face? HAHAHA
Group Picture at the Summit *
The yoga pose and The view. 

By 1:30pm, We started to descend.

Rest upon descending
By 4:00 pm, We already arrived at Manong Archie’s home to freshen up, take a bath and nap again.
By 5:00pm, We already rode the bangka from Brgy. Janoras to Binangonan Port.
Arrived at Binangonan Port by 6pm, as we were scouting a place to eat, We saw the peryahan and stopped over.  

Color games and Hagis Piso *
After playing, we went to Jollibee to have our dinner. Mind you! I just ordered C3 (Chickenjoy Meal plus Macaroni Soup) but didn’t eat the chicken instead I brought it home.
Here is the actual expenses and sample itinerary for guidelines:
0430 Meetup at Mcdonald’s Shaw Blvd, Worldwide Corporate Center
0530 ETD from Shaw Blvd.
0645 ETA Binangonan, Take tricycle going to port
0800 ETD from Binangonan Port; Eat breakfast
0910 ETA at Brgy. Janosa; Register at Brgy.and Get Guide
0930 Start of Trek
1030 Half of Trail, Puno ng Mangga
1215 ETA at the Campsite; Take lunch and Power Nap
1245 Summit, Take pictures and photoops
1330 Start Descend
1600 Arrival at Jump Off: Wash up at Manong Archie’s house
1700 ETD from Brgy. Janoras to Binangonan Port
1800 ETA at Binangonan port
Actual Expense:
Van to Binangonan – 50
Tricycle to port – 10
Boat to Brgy Janosa, Talim Island- 30
Registration fee – 20
Guide – 300/8= 37.5 or 40
Ligo – 20
Boat back to port – 30
Van back to shaw crossing – 50
Budget: 250 pesos w/o food

Other expenses:
Packed lunch
Fishball, Kikiam, Hotdog – 20 php
Coke – 15 php
Halo halo
Perya – 40 php
Jolibee for dinner – 99 php
TOTAL COST: 424 php
*Photo Credits: Gene Ang




No comments:

Post a Comment